What is Fire Cupping
Fire Cupping is a an ancient form of alternative medicine, the fire cupping we teach is part of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Glass cups are placed on the meridians and acu points via a suction method using fire. The fire never comes in contact with the skin. Fire cupping can be very effective for pain, inflammation, blood and lymph flow and a whole host of conditions. It is a type of deep tissue massage, can be utilized in sports therapy and rehabilitation, mayo facia release and can be very relaxing and sedating. We teach a variation of applications.
What is Moxibustion
Moxibustion is a Traditional Chinese Medicine Therapy, used as a form of heat therapy in China, Japan, Korea, Vietnam and Mongolia. Can be used as a standalone therapy and with fire cupping and other modalities. Moxibustion is a form of aromatherapy and has many medicinal benefits. The medicinal herb mugwort is used over acu points and organs.The aim is to warm, invigorate vital Qi, dispel cold and damp and build the bodies Wei Qi immunity to pathogenic factors. It is very effective in cold conditions, can be used for mus-co skeletal, gynecological, respiratory disorders and much more. Moxa is also a great immune booster!
Qualify in 2 therapies
10 Credits Awarded
During the Course you will learn
- Introduction to fire cupping & moxibustion according to TCM philosophy & theory
- Effects & Benefits
- Contra indications
- Health, hygiene, safety & best practices
- The concept of Qi, Yin and Yang philosophy
- Affects and benefits of cupping therapy
- What is Moxibustion, the benefits.
- How to use moxibustion
- Safety and contra indications for moxibustion
- Affective acupressure points for cupping and moxibustion
- Code of Ethics
- Assessment and Treatment
- Various techniques, applications including facial cupping
- Practical application & procedures
- Advise on how to incorporate in to practice
Observed Assessment on practical attendance day.
Learners will be continuously assessed throughout the practical; to ensure correct and safe technique is achieved.
Hold an impressive skill to use as a stand alone treatment or incorporate into existing therapies and practice.
Offer your clients a unique and highly effective therapy treatment.