What is Swedish Massage
Swedish massage is the classical massage technique and the foundation of other massage variations. It is a highly versatile massage using a combination of techniques synchronized together. Swedish massage can be invigorating and deep, or relaxing depending on the level of pressure and techniques used. Swedish massage is very effective in increasing oxygen in blood, decreasing muscle toxins, improving muscle toxins, improving circulation and lymph flow, increasing flexibility whilst easing tension. Swedish massage has many psychological benefits also.
You will learn both the theoretical knowledge and the practical skills; to be able to competently perform this classical massage. Learn how to restore balance to the mind, body and spirit; involving a sequence of movements working superficially and deeper into the tissue layers.
20 Credits Awarded
During the course you will learn:
- Introduction to swedish massage and history
- Health, safety & hygiene
- Consultation techniques
- Contra indications
- relevant anatomy & Physiology
- Correct body mechanics and therapist safety
- Maintaining modesty and client privacy
- Massage movements, the benefits of each technique, the physiological and psychological effects of each technique
- Modifications, how to carry out a treatment according to clients needs, bespoke treatments
- Pressure levels according to client requirements
- How to identify knots and adhesion’s
- Practical application and performing Swedish Body Massage
- Using different massage mediums
- Aftercare advice & much more …
A multi choice exam
Learners will be continuously assessed throughout the practical to ensure correct and safe technique is achieved.
Hold an impressive skill to use as a stand alone treatment or incorporate into existing therapies & practice.
Offer your clients a unique & highly effective therapy treatment.